Welcome Lindsey Gray to the blog today in honor of her upcoming novella Fireworks. Below you'll find Lindsey's response to my request to discuss her bucket list, a GIVEAWAY, and you can read my review of Fireworks HERE.
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: June 20th, 2013
Sophie McKibbin finds herself back in Sam Crawford’s life after ten years. Unfortunately, Sam is dating Lola, Sophie’s high school nemesis. Lola dumps Sam the day before he was supposed to introduce his mystery girlfriend to his family over the Fourth of July holiday. With the looming fear of disappointing his mother once again and his long held feelings for Sophie, he asks her to take Lola’s place. With family feuds, an old flame, and feelings that have been locked away for a decade, there is bound to be some fireworks.
“Fireworks” is a novella, approximately 22,000 words.
What's on your bucket list, Ms. Gray?
I have thought about doing this for years, but never sat down to write it all out. This was an experience to say the least. I know I can’t achieve all of the things on this list, but I’m sure as hell going to try to take a big chunk out of it.
My Bucket List
(in no particular order)
1. See my children grow up and get married.
2. Visit the homeland of my ancestors, Ireland.
3. Watch my grandchildren grow up.
4. Visit Harry Potter World. (The closest I will ever get to living in a book.)
5. Write a novel that reaches number 1 on the New York Times Best Sellers List.
6. Be nominated for an Academy Award. (I’m not sure I would want to win because I think I might die right then.)
7. Ride in a hot air balloon. (Even though I’m terrified of heights)
8. Earn enough money to pay the tuition for whatever college my children wish to attend.
9. Have a photo shoot where I am dressed up as a 1940’s film noir heroine.
10. Meet the Doctor and get a tour of the Tardis.
11. Visit Epcot Center, Disneyworld, and Universal Studios.
12. Go to ComicCon and sit on a panel.
13. Learn how to draw.
14. Have my own radio and/or television show.
15. Act in a staring role in a movie and/or television series.
16. Act in a supporting role in a movie and/or television series.
17. See my novel, “Redemption”, made into a movie.
18. Visit Italy with a fluent translator at my side.
19. Celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary and still love my hubby as much as I do today. (He has promised to become a curmudgeon in his later years, so we’ll see.)
20. Build a sandcastle on the beach of an ocean. (The lake 30 miles from home doesn’t count.)
21. Watch my children succeed in their choice of vocation.
22. Attend the Cannes Film Festival.
23. Attend the Sundance Film Festival.
24. Make my role in life resonate my passions.
25. Visit Napa Valley, California and find out the secrets to wine making.
26. Build and live in my dream home without it turning into a nightmare.
27. Visit the Great Barrier Reef in Australia and snorkel if I can, no scuba diving.
28. Visit Sydney, Australia and the Sydney Opera House.
29. Have a drink in a real pub in England, Scotland, and Ireland.
30. Vacation in Cape Cod with a house on the beach.
31. See the Northern Lights.
32. Learn how to play the guitar.
33. Be listed as one of People Magazines Most Beautiful People. (I know my mom would vote for me to be on this one.)
34. Own a bookstore.
35. Own a production company.
36. Ride as many rollercoasters as I can.
37. Learn how to make Pizza Hut Pan pizza gluten free.
38. Visit Chocolate World in Hershey, Pennsylvania and get chocolate wasted.
39. Decorate my whole house for Christmas with a live tree, stockings hanging on the fireplace, and lights on the house that would make Clark Griswold cry.
40. Swim under a waterfall.
41. Participate in a flash mob.
42. Visit Carlo’s Bakery and have Buddy make me the best gluten free cake ever made.
43. Own a gluten free bakery.
44. Attend a Masquerade Ball.
45. Invent some really cool family traditions.
46. Reach my goal weight and fit into a size 8 again . . . okay, maybe a size 10 would be more realistic.
47. Own a houseboat and take my kids and grandkids out on it every summer like my parents and grandparents did.
48. Go Indoor Skydiving. There is no way you are getting me to do the real thing.
49. Find a cure for all of my ailments.
50. Visit the Cancun, Mexico for a second honeymoon.
There are a few more personal ones I would add, but I’ll save those for another time. What are some of the things on your bucket list?
About the Author:
Lindsey Gray dreamed of being several different things as a child such as a doctor, an actress, and a chef, but none held her attention like putting pen to paper and creating her own world through words. She has written three full-length novels and one short story for The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House and is now taking the self-publishing leap with her novella, "Fireworks".
A mid-west native, Lindsey enjoys spending time with her husband and two children, reading almost anything she can get her hands on, and making life interesting at each and every turn.
Where to find Ms. Gray:
The rest of the Fireworks tour: