Intro & References
If we work together on your manuscript, I will provide:
I believe a writer should put the best quality version of their story out there for readers that they can. At the same time, nobody is perfect and money doesn't grow on trees, so all we can do is try our best. What matters is that we at least try! I'm a 'self-proclaimed basic editor' who was the editor of the school magazine in both high school and college. I assisted writers of fan fiction for three years by acting as a beta when asked. I'm comfortable with all genres and rating levels, but will honestly be bored to tears if I try to edit non-fiction, so that is off the table. Below you will find the published authors who I have edited for.
- a general assessment of your story content and pacing/flow
- continuity of tenses and points of view
- general spelling, punctuation, and grammar (using the Oxford comma)
- assistance in keeping repetition and adverb use in check
- my guarantee that your content is secure and will not be shared or distributed by my hand
Authors I've worked with:
- J.C. Clarke (The Northern Gate, Fragile, Never Settle, If It's a Pain in the Ass, Then You're Doing it Wrong!, Xs: The Interview, and Xs: The Friends)
- M.B. Feeney (Honour, Right Click, Love, The One that Got Away, Dear Diary, and Looking Back from L.A.)
- Elena M. Reyes (Ardor Edition 1, Marking Her, and Marking Him)
- Lucy Lit (Belle Chene)
- Jennifer Theriot (Out of the Box Awakening, Edition 2, and Out of the Box Everlasting)
- Maria Gibbs (The Storm Creature, As Dreams are Made On, A Lifetime or a Season)
- Rose English (Lost Love in Spring)
- J.D. Frettier (Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine)
- L.J. Harris (The Haunting of Angus MacGregor)
Stories I've proofread for Paper Gold Publishing box sets:
- Substantive Edit/1st pass (this is always the most comprehensive and intense edit): $1/page
- Comprehensive Copy Edit/2nd pass (helps fine tune edits/changes made from 1st pass): $0.50/page
- Copy Edit/3rd pass (final polish edit to catch last minute typos pre-formatting): $0.25/page
- Copy Edit Only (a one-time final read through of an already edited manuscript to make sure all t's are crossed and i's are dotted; for authors who like two sets of eyes on their work): $0.75/page
NOTE: If we've not worked together in the past and you would like to see if we are compatible, I am willing to edit the first FIVE pages of your manuscript as an initial free trial. If we move forward, these pages will be included in your overall count and a non-refundable down payment equal to 50% of your first pass will have to be paid to me via PayPal before I will continue working on the manuscript. If, for whatever reason, we are not compatible after the trial sample, then no monies are due to me.
- All invoices and transactions will be done through PayPal.
- A non-refundable down payment equal to 50% of your first pass will have to be paid to me via PayPal before I work on the manuscript. Will be reflected in your PayPal invoice.
- Page counts do tend to shift (usually grow) during the editing process, which is why I have the pricing broken up into 'passes'. Please note that each pass total will reflect the updated page count.
Determining Page Count
When you send your manuscript, please have it formatted as follows:
- Times New Roman, size 12
- 1.5 times spaced